Hy's Worldwide, one of the nation's top 50 Limo/Transportation companies, is seeking a professional dispatcher for our West Haven, CT location. Candidates must be high school graduates with a minimum of 2 years of related experience. Candidates must be able to professionally and effectively communicate with high-demand clients on the telephone. Computer literacy and the ability to multi-task is a must!
Dispatch 150+ executive chauffeurs, coordinate vehicle utilization and participate as a member of an extremely professional team within a quality driven service company. The successful candidate will have a track record of accomplishing tasks while consistently focusing on client satisfaction, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
Provide direction and guidance to the chauffeur base to minimize needless delay, expense and service issues. Have a strong working knowledge of the tri state area and its surrounding airports.
Must maintain constant communication with chauffeurs, operational management, and reservations staff. Facilitate an open working relationship between all departments.
Initiate calls to clients and passengers to define and manage expectation and minimize aggravation and dissatisfaction. Diffuse situations rather than escalate crises.
Respond to peak call volume, support reservations staff efforts and after-hours needs due to inclement weather, unanticipated volume/capacity surges and other emergencies.
- Industry: Executive Chauffeured Ground Transportation
- Position location: West Haven, CT
- Metro area: New York Tri-State
- Salary: $13.00/hr to $18.00/hr (depending on experience)
- Hours per week: 40 with occasional overtime requirements
- Job Type: Permanent position
- Scheduling/shift: Multiple shifts available, morning, afternoon, night, holidays/weekends required
- Benefits: Full benefits (medical, dental, 401K). Free skills training, advancement potential.
- Must have logistical experience: Movement and servicing of automobiles (limousines, taxis, trucks, or buses).
- Primary skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook); exceptional verbal and written communication skills; knowledge of ground transportation reservation software (Livery Coach, Santa Cruz, Limo Anywhere, etc.) a plus.
- Experience minimum: 1-2 years
- Certificates/licenses: Possession of a valid (violation-free) drivers license, passenger endorsment, pre-employment and random drug testing.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
To apply for this position, please send a resume with "Dispatcher" in the subject line to email@example.com or use the "Apply Now" button below.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.