At Hy’s, our commitment to safety is unparalleled. We realize that when choosing a luxury ground transportation provider, safety is, and should be, a primary concern. For over 65 years, our team has worked tirelessly to ensure that every time you ride with us you are 100% comfortable and your safety is never in jeopardy.
- ICC #: MC 136740
- CT DOT #: 1594
- US DOT #: 18152
- NYCTLC #: B02922
Hy’s Limousine only employs chauffeurs with impeccable driving records. Our chauffeurs are all fully licensed and undergo thorough background and motor vehicle (MVR) checks prior to being hired. They also must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test. All chauffeurs are equipped with all necessary tools (including smartphones, tablets, etc) to perform their duties at the highest level. All are required to attend ongoing driver safety and customer service training, are randomly tested for drugs and alcohol, and have their motor vehicle records (MVR) checked every six months.
Our diverse fleet of luxury vehicles is maintained by our dedicated staff mechanics and detailers. We perform routine maintenance checks on all vehicles to ensure that they stay running even in the most hazardous conditions. Our vehicles are properly registered and replaced every six months to guarantee you are always riding in the newest models with the most updated safety features and amenities.
Our Commitment to Your Safety
To further ensure your safety, Hy's Limousine utilizes GPS and fleet tracking technology in our vehicles. This technology mitigates risk by improving driver behavior and assessing liability in collisions. Combining sight and sound, expert analysis and driver coaching, these units have reduced vehicle damages, workers’ compensation, and personal injury costs by 50 percent in more than 100,000 commercial, government and consumer vehicles.
COVID-19 Precautions & Risk Reduction Measures
Being an essential service, Hy's has contingencies in place to ensure the continuation of our operations 24/7 during catastrophic events and have added additional services during this COVID-19 pandemic (*see "Hy's is Here for the Community"). The health and safety of our passengers, employees, and partners are our highest priority and we are committed to providing the safest experience possible as we evaluate and adjust our operations to meet the evolving guidelines from the CDC and local government officials. As we continue to manage our way through this crisis, we are taking steps to proactively safeguard our operations and ensure the health and safety of our passengers and employees. We ask that you also do your part to protect others by wearing a mask and following these recommendations to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Per the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and government official guidelines, Hy's has implemented the following risk reduction protocols. As the situation is ever-changing and may evolve, please check back frequently for updates.
- All Hy's office employees and chauffeurs undergo temperature screening with no touch thermometer guns at the beginning and ending of each shift.
- Employees are not be permitted to work if they are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- Chauffeurs have personal thermometers to check their temperature frequently and report real time results back to the office.
Employee Precautions & Preparation
- Chauffeurs wear face masks and gloves at all times in the office and in the field.
- Office employees wear masks at all times in the office and in the field and always work a minimum of six (6) feet apart.
- Chauffeurs are equipped with disinfectant spray, hand sanitizer, and hand wipes, extra masks/gloves.
- Chauffeurs will have complimentary disposable masks and hand wipes for clients if needed.
- All employees are reminded daily to wash hands frequently and follow other risk reduction protocols at all times.
- It will be the expectation that passengers will be responsible for providing a personal mask and maintaining social and physical distance from others. *5 actions you can take to protect others, help us keep each other safe and stop the spread!
Vehicle Sanitation & Cleaning
- Vehicle interiors are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with CDC recommended alcohol-based disinfectant before and after every ride, paying special attention to touch points, seating areas, armrests and door handles (interior & exterior).
- Electrostatic sprayers with hospital-grade disinfectant are used to sanitize vehicle interiors and surfaces at the start of each day.
- HEPA filters are installed in vehicles interior air filtration systems (HEPA units have an efficiency rating of 99.995%, which assures a very high level of protection against airborne transmission).
- Vehicle exteriors are cleaned daily.
Physical & Social Distancing
- Plastic partitions are available in any vehicle upon request.
- Passengers are prohibited from sitting in the front seat of any vehicle.
- All applicable pickups must be "express/curbside" as chauffeurs are not permitted to enter airports, offices, residences, etc.
- The maximum vehicle seating capacity for passengers will be subject to change and will evolve with the level of distancing requested by government officials and the CDC. Physical distancing mandates will be practiced and protected in and outside of all livery vehicles and charter buses. Capacity is being set at 25% for all vehicle types.
- Physical contact and sharing of any items between employees, drivers and passengers is prohibited.
- Buses will be loaded and unloaded on a first in, last out procedure. Capacity is being set at 25% for buses.
- All payment & gratuity transactions must be cashless.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for our passengers and employees.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By reserving a vehicle with Hy's Livery Service, Inc. you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.